Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekly Back Waxing--Anyone?

Hello fellow readers!!

Alright this next story isn’t that exciting or anything, but next week will be the big whopper I’m sure. Here's a little background on this week’s story. It is definitely the most recent, as in I just stopped going on dates with this guy 2 weeks ago. We had gone on a ton of dates…in fact, too many in my opinion to not be an official couple, but guess what…we weren’t an official couple. We started going on dates the day after Thanksgiving. So let’s just dive in and have some fun.

Bachelor # 3 really seemed to have everything going for him. He was tall, dark, and pretty handsome if I do say so myself, but I just couldn’t figure out what was holding me back. We had fun, we talked a lot, and it was totally chill. Then one day I noticed that I had become quite manly.

No, I was not growing facial hair and I didn’t have a deep sexy voice (because we all know I would have a deep sexy voice if I was a man.)

I realized that I was doing everything in that “relationship.” I initiated everything, I suggested the dates, and I went out of my way to make sure I talked to him every couple of days. He seemed to be just coasting through this. I was not okay with that. In fact, when he’d ask me on dates, he would text me…that day. And let’s just rewind back to this texting thing. Never once did he call me to ask me out on our 8 or 9 dates. Mmm-hmmm! He always texted me….THAT day…..usually 2-3 hours BEFORE he wanted to go out.

I was not going to be this little convenience. I decided to ease up on all of my participation to see if he’d step it up. I wasn’t going to just drop him because of that. Still I was unsure about what I thought about it all, but I wanted to see if this would go anywhere.

One night he called me up….oh wait, sorry, I meant that he texted me up wanting to know what I was doing that evening. I told him I already had plans to watch a movie with my friends but he was welcome to come over and hang out with us. So of course he did. Oh my, oh my. Did I ever mention that apparently we’re not cultured in the same subjects of life? And there is a very good possibility that my older brothers would have a little chuckle at his little knowledge of “manly things.”

See there are some things in life that I just can’t take—CAN’T TAKE! He asked my roommate what piano performance was. I really thought the title was self explanatory. This next is directed towards my brothers (who probably don't even read my blog--haha)….my roommate asked what kind of car he drove and he said “I don’t know, a blue one.” Really? Really?! I could at least tell it was a Buick! But don’t worry I know these are all petty things. You just must realize that most of our conversations would consist of me saying something, him asking what that was, me explaining what it was, him still not getting it, me trying to explain it once more, and then him finally understanding. Yes, that happened ALL THE TIME. I really try to be understanding, but sometimes I just don’t know how people can be so uncultured about things!

Okay and I’ll give you something legit now. So on our last date…like our last date ever….we went to his brother’s basketball game. I was thinking that this would be the date to do the whole “I’m just not that into you….anymore” thing. On the drive home is when I pictured the opportune moment. Well that was great until we arrived at the game and he said “Let's go sit by my brothers.”—uhh crap! Which we drove home with his brothers as well. Oh and to make it worse when he was buying my ticket, the cashier said “ok so one adult and one child.”

Did I mention he’s 6’6”? BUT SERIOUSLY I AM ALMOST 20 YEARS OLD. I AM NOT A CHILD! He laughed and after walking away was all bummed that he corrected her because he “would have paid less for a child’s ticket.” I was really annoyed at that cashier and seriously, am I not worth that extra two dollars?

Back to the date: I made it very clear that I understood basketball and that I could follow the game. That didn’t stop him from asking me to explain the game to him throughout the night. And I wasn’t explaining it to him because he was confused; I was explaining it to prove myself. So. Not. Cool. After I would finish explaining he’d always have to add his two cents of explanation as well. I was quite annoyed.

So, things died down because I refused to me the man in the situation. I wouldn’t be a convenience either which meant if I had plans I either stuck with them or he was invited to be a part of the group. He never asked me why it “dissolved” or why I distanced myself, but readers I didn’t feel bad. I did everything in that relationship so I didn’t feel the need to do one more thing. If he really cared that much he could have asked.

But frankly, I knew I couldn’t commit to this guy when he texted me one day, a couple of weeks ago. This text came during the time period that I stopped making all the effort and he’d occasionally text me right before I went to bed, probably because he realized that I hadn’t texted him all day. Ok are you ready. I about passed out when I got this text because I didn’t think anybody would ever text me this. Like what was going through his head?!—This is word for word “So I was thinking about trimming off all my body hair (except my head of course) what do you think about that.”

Yep, that right there—settled any confusion left in my head. My favorite part is the “except my head of course”—ha-ha yes, because that makes this question so much more pleasant!

That’s all on Bachelor # 3! Sorry the story is so lame. He is a nice guy, but not fun enough for me. Looking back on it, I know we didn’t compliment each other. I think I would have become bored if I pursued it more. And apparently I would have been dating a naked mole rat had he gone through with the “trimming of body hair—except his head of course!”

Next weeks is everyone’s favorite story so got ready! School is exhausting but fun, but boys are more exhausting.

So I took this quiz
http://www.nzgirl.co.nz/articles/9876 and here’s my results. You all know Jane Austen is all knowing!

Mostly Bs: George Knightley from Emma, The nice guy. You’re a perfect match for George Knightley – the all around nice guy. You value honestly, kindness and morals in men; and this guy has them in bucket loads! You are attracted to men who give good advice, can be trusted and want someone who will treat you well and look after you. Your friends and family are always impressed by the men you date because they are such gentleman, and always do the right thing! His caring personality can mean that he puts his own feelings last – so if you are attracted to such a great guy make sure you let him know!

Till next week

The Co-ed

5 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Soooo not a winner, that guy. I'm glad we never invited him over to play the Wii and use our chocolate fountain...

Heather G. said...

Hey some of your older brothers read your blog...but its pretty much because Heather drags me in to read it. By the way, let me know if I need to have some of these boys pee in a cup and take some blood before they next take you out. Isn't it Quentins responsibility to watch over you out there. I had to watch over the rest of the gang at KU.

Marie said...

Heather, I found your blog from Natalie's... this story takes me back to the BYU days, for sure! :) Good luck with the next guy you find. Hopefully he's not a loser like this one was!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I was here to witness all of this playing out. It's like I can watch the soaps without having to actually turn on the tv. Which is good. Because I don't have a tv. So Heather, keep on keepin' on.

Taz said...

Oh dang, that would get annoying. It sounds liek the guys in Utah are boys and nothing else. You need a man and not an idoit. Oh don't get too upset with the child thing. At least you're not called a boy, ;P lol!! That would make em mad too. Oh I took that test twice and I keep getting Mr. Darcy or however you spell it. Anywho Sam's right your life is a Soap. Love ya!! <3