Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Date Not From Heaven: Part 2

Ok, so he had just told me that Utah is a good place to live.

By that time I was done talking about me, but I still had to talk about how awesome Kansas is. Because Thanksgiving was 2 holidays away, at that point, he felt the need to invite me to his family Thanksgiving. I thanked him for the offer, but thankfully I had family close by that I would be eating dinner with. The next day was General Conference of which I planned to watch on TV in my PJ’s with my roommates while eating crepes for breakfast. When he found this out he literally invited himself over.

I went home that night with very mixed feelings. I liked him and he was definitely very flattering towards me, but something about him kind of creeped me out. I didn’t even know the half of it!

The next morning that door knocked and boy, did he make himself comfortable. By this point I was dreading the fact that after I finished eating my breakfast I would have to walk over to that couch and sit next to him for 2 hours. So I did what any girl would: I stuffed my face with crepes for 40 minutes and then slowly, I helped clean the “big” mess our breakfast made. I seriously wasted about 1 hour. He didn’t seem to mind though. Brittany, my roommate at the time looked over at him on the couch and about lost her composure. She got my attention and we both stared trying not to laugh. He was spread out on the couch with his arms resting on the back of the couch. He then proceeded to curl his arm up and flex, admiring his own biceps. Yes, you could say he was a little full of himself.

Of course, there were about 2 talks about women and their divine quality of motherhood and about being strong wives. Why thank you for asking, I did feel the nudge you gave me during those talks. Then a wedding commercial came on. I wanted him to get the point so I said every dress was ugly and his face was in complete panic and shock. Part of the shock could have been caused by my unimpressed faced followed by "ugly.....UGLY....really ugly.....ugh, are you serious." I said they were clearly the cliché Mormon wedding dress and expressed that I couldn’t wait to get out of Utah. He felt the opposite. “Co-ed, Utah is not that bad. We could live in Colorado because that has mountains, but is still close to Kansas.” –Where the heck did all this “we” stuff come from? Ya, talk about crazy! Basically those were the major things, but there’s more…

And you’ll find out on Saturday.....

The Co-ed

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I totally did not know about the bicep thing...you've been holding out on me!

Janell said...

Ok, that is creepy.

And, in general, Mormon wedding dresses are hideous. . . yet all the girls wear them. I'm convinced its because no one has the time or the budget to insist on a flattering, pretty dress.