Family and Friend
Please make sure your daughter’s are safely tucked into bed with their dad’s patrolling the house with a shot gun in hand because this next story involves a serious wife hunter.
So this happened over a year ago and it is really funny looking back at my journal entries to remember all of this. I definitely had forgotten some of this story.
Alright Bachelor # 1 was in my chemistry class, but it turns out there was no chemistry between us …at all. He started sitting next to me in class and we’d meet up to do our weekly labs together. At first he seemed normal, he was nice, he was smart—he’d always have to explain what we were learning, and he was friends with the girl who sat on the other side of him. She was way nice so I assumed by his association with her that he was your everyday Joe.
You can imagine my excitement when he called to ask me out on a date. I was a freshmen and I had only been at school a month—heck yes, I was thrilled. Plus, I knew it wouldn’t be awkward because I had been in class and to labs with him for one month so there was already a foundation. We went to Fuddruckers…which because of him, I refuse to eat there again.
Fuddruckers was fine. Other than he did give me the options I could choose from that he was willing to pay for. I picked the cheapest thing—of course. Dinner had good conversation. He was 22 and his first question was “I have to get this off of my chest, how old are you?” I love that question. When a guy asks a girl that, in my experience, he usually has another motive deep in his brain…*cough*...marriage.
We went back to his house—oh haha I’m sorry—I meant his parent’s house! I was able to meet his older sister (who still lived there) and his step dad (who told me the joke about the pirate with brown pants), and I met his mom. That’s not a lot of people to meet on the first date at all! I think Bachelor # 1 really thought he was destined to marry me because now that I look back on it –he set a lot up. On that first date he admitted that he purposely sat by me in class because he “has a thing for strawberry blonds and he just thought I was so pretty."
Oh wow, I was so stupid 1 ½ years ago! Because I was an unconfident freshman who was seriously just trying to get the hang of living on her own….I was just eating these compliments. You all know you would have loved it as well!
It did start to get weird though when we talked about my family. I was telling about my older brother who was serving a 2 year mission for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I said that my brother was very protective of me. Bachelor #1 responded “Well it doesn’t matter because I’ll already be in the family by the time he comes home.”--ok, that did weird me out, but I ignored it and we just went on with our conversation. He also asked if my family would like him…this guy has got to be kidding me. At this point I didn’t even know if I really liked him as he was brainwashing me with his compliments. I switched topics and began to tell him about how I hoped to move back to Kansas or the Midwest after graduation. Do you want to know his BRILLIANT response?
“Don’t say that Co-ed! Utah is a good place too.”--*ATTENTION READERS: THIS IS NOT THE FIRST “WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE” COMMENT*
To be continued . . . . . .


4 comments:
He's right, ya know. Utah is a great place...with access to free laundry facilities and adorable children to cuddle...
Oh my gosh, I love this story. It seriously never gets old. It like folklore. I will be asked by my children to tell it every time we sit around the fire after a hard day's work on the farm. "Tell us of Heather and the Creeper!" is what they'll say. Oh oh oh....
Sam's right!! That story never gets old. That guy was tricky but lucky you caught him when he was being a creeper. It will be one Young Women everywhere will hear to be warned about those to desperate to get married.
“Well it doesn’t matter because I’ll already be in the family by the time he comes home.”
The part that gets me EACH AND EVERY TIME.
Post a Comment