Sooo…I think we’ll start with number two because in my opinion that is the least funny, least dramatic, and definitely the least horrific.
I’ll refresh your memories. Bachelor number two (He’s actually not a bachelor anymore. He got married this past winter) said “You should meet my brother. I think you two would really hit it off.” Okay, so keep in mind that he actually said this to me before he asked me on a date. Ya, kind of weird.
“Bachelor #2” was the first college boy that caught my eye….I think. I met him at work which I should probably just stop meeting people at work because it never seems to end well. It was his first day working the lunch crew so I got to train him on the wrap bar. At the time, it seemed like we had sooo much in common and were finishing each other’s predictable sentences. And of course he complimented my blue eyes and strawberry hair. This seems to be a reoccurring theme in my dates….I think it will now be a turn off. (*gasp* how dare you compliment my dashing good looks). Just like any Male Returned Missionary at BYU one of the first questions he asked was how old I was. *inhale* I was only 18 so obviously I had to give him the comforting fact of when I’d be turning 19.
We continued to flirt because honestly, what else do you do at work? I remember that every time he’d learn something new about me he’d say “wow, your coolness level just jumped WAY up.” And my amazing response to that --I would just batter my eyes and nod my head, DUH! I was twitterpated! Every day at work when I would see him I would just flirt it up and SCREAM (in my head) “Just ask me OUT you fool!”
The infatuation began.
I was always kind of secretly bummed when I didn’t have work. But then one Friday night I actually bumped into him while at a huge BYU dance. Considering that there were hundreds of people there, I was determined that it was fate. Plus, I later found out that his sister lived in the apartment right above mine. OH MY GOSH! We were MEANT to be. No weekend could ever tear us apart. And yep readers, I was too chicken to go up and be like “HOLLA!”—so it’s a good thing that he had the guts. Ya we pretty much danced. In fact when he asked me he was like “your name is Heather, right?” I wiped off the drool from my mouth to respond and he coolly said “How could I forget?” I was crushing—major league style!
The flirtations continue.
Ya so we kept working together at work—most of that was probably my doing though! And when we didn’t work together, I’d always volunteer to take dirty dishes to the dish room in hopes of passing the area he was working in to get a glance….just like any other girl would. When we worked together he’d always pull my apron strings to untie them and I’d act all mad but really I loved the attention. Then I became a little confused. One day when we were talking he was saying that he hated working Saturday’s because he missed hanging out with his brother. Bachelor #2 then got that “idea” look on his face. “You should meet my brother. You two would really hit it off. He’s 23 and really, 23 and 18 isn’t that big of an age gap.”
Was I reading into this when there was nothing there?
So after the brother conversation we were cleaning the glass window of which we were on opposite sides. He yelled to me “Heather I think there’s something between us.” His face and tone were totally serious—and I was like in love with him so ya my heart stopped! But thankfully it started again so I could get blood pumping to my brain to realize I should probably say something back to not be a creep. What better thing to respond with than “Ya, Bachelor # 2 it’s called glass!”---but I really wanted to say “You feel it too?!” Good thing I stuck with the witty response.
Here comes the date
We went to BYU’s “Spectacular Spectacular” and it was ..well…spectacular. We were totally in the nose bleed section where your back begins to hurt because the bench you are sitting on is a metal bench with no back. But it was so fun. Afterwards we got back in his Big Brown 15 passenger van….Oh yeah! He then admitted to not having anymore of the date planned. Because he didn’t have more of it planned we did what all college students do---we got food! We drove to Arby’s and went through the drive through. He paid using his “starving student card” so my food options were of course whatever the card covered. Then we made it Dinner and a movie by going back to my apartment and watching Star Wars Episode 1 because he had never seen it. We watched the movie with my roommate at the time, Jessica.
The date was G-R-E-A-T, but so are most first dates….first being the key word.
This is why you can’t go on dates with co workers though because it always, ALWAYS, gets weird (oh ya I still didn’t learn that with this experience). I bet you’re wondering what happened to Bachelor #2. Well things faded. He started kind of annoying me and then I realized (just like a couple of friends had told me) that he was kind of a weirdi! Nice, but weird. We still said our “hi’s” at work but that was about it. And then randomly 3 months later he called me to ask me how to broil something. It was really …out of the blue. I don’t know why he didn’t call his mom or sister considering we hadn’t talked in a while. Slowly, but surely the book of Bachelor # 2 closed and my crush was gone. Would I ever crush again? ….sadly yes….and with similar results.
Love,
The Co-ed
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
So when are you going to meet his brother? ;)
Is this the one we chatted about at Applebees? Or is this one different? Oh I've got a guy in the process too!! We'll need to text. I have block schedule tomorrow and seminar is always open. But yes he's a friend with benefits that's coming up each weekend from paola for about 3 weeks. Definatly something but just ahven't decided what nor has he.
Hahaha...hahahahha. Ooooh. Man, I love this story. "It's called glass!" Ahhh...but for reals. You should meet the brother.
THE DATE WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! I've got to tell you about it!! Don't worry there are more to come ;)
Post a Comment