Monday, January 5, 2009

School is NOT Cool

In Mrs. Radakavich's first grade class I had the word "school" as a spelling word. My older brothers kindly helped me memorize how to spell this new word. "Just remember Heather that "school" is NOT "cool" so you have to put the "h" between the "C" and "ool."" But I have a secret...I think it's pretty cool especially with all this snow. I am sooo punny.

Christmas comes and goes way to fast! My finals went pretty good and I got all A's and one B + as my semester grades so I am feeling pretty excellent about myself right now. Now, I just need to try to do that this semester. Today is my first day of classes which means I'm kind of figuring out what I should be expecting this semester. But hey, tomorrow I get to go to my clogging class--that should be uber fun. Plus, I’m taking that class with Samantha so maybe we'll even film one of our routines so all of you will have the opportunity to bask in our awesomeness!

Winter Break was wonderful. I was able to spend time with a lot of you. It was pretty low key. I ate my fair share of Chipotle and Panera --after all I had to stock up on it considering Utah lacks the 2 best food places EVA! Speaking of food, Samantha and I each ate a habanera. Ya, it's only one of the hottest peppers ever created. That was painfully fun with an emphasis on the painfully part. Ooohh, I even ice skated for a reasonable amount of time which is great considering I don't really enjoy ice skating, but I guess the company made it worth it. And I watched a ton of movies- I don't have much time for movies anymore so I loved having some time with the “tube.” Yep, my break was great minus the fact that I was sick.

Well Brittany, my ex roommate is all married now. *sniffle* She just grew up so fast--ahh I can't believe she's a wife and doing all those wife things like cleaning and cooking which she pretty much already did in my apartment.....see she didn't really HAVE to get married. I guess it's okay because I have a pretty sweet roommate now. Aurelia, my best friend from like the beginning of time is now living under my bed, literally. We have a bunk bed. It's so weird. We keep laughing about it because when we were little girls we used to play things like house, bank, bakery, or college. Obviously, while playing college we'd pretend we were roommates in college and now it's come true! THIS IS TOTALLY BLOWING MY MIND! I picked her up from the airport last night so we got home around 12 am. Of course, we were both tired and exhausted. But we didn't let that stop us....much. We had to fight the urge to talk. It felt like we were having a sleepover! I can tell this is going to be bad. I might begin to miss my sleep....my wonderful zzz's.

Life is good in the bubble. My 8 am class was great because I was awake for it due to, oh I don’t know, slipping on the ice resulting in me landing on my hind-quarters as my phone slid down the ice. Oh, it was painful and way embarrassing because there were tons of people around me! I got over it pretty fast though because once it started BLIZZARDING outside the snow made everything very slippery. Every couple minutes people were “biffing” it! Thankfully, I slipped before the snow came where as everybody else slipped after it started snowing so they had powdery, white bums –JUST like powdered donuts. I think that’s more embarrassing because then you try to brush it off and continue walking with whatever dignity you have left and little do you know that you still have snow all over your back side. Ya, you all know what I’m talking about—you’ve seen it and it has possibly happened to you!

As you probably noticed I don’t really do the whole “New Year’s Resolutions” thing….But do you? If so give me some inspiration!

Love

The Co-ed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above statements. This is your lawyer speaking. Papers and stuff. SNOW! Remember that time we fell up to our crotches in snow. I feel bad for all the crutchies out there!

Taz said...

Ouch! Oh man Aurelia and You together now that's a party!! ;P Yeah my New Year Resolution is to learn to cook more things, have more patience, and things like that. Small stuff that has become a bad habit. Yeah at school I was wearing high heels and all of a sudden I slipped and grabbed the nearest stranger before I ended on the floor. At least he was cool about it. I was a little red but hey at least i didn't end up on the floor. Hehehehehe

Jessica G. said...

Glad to hear that your bum is not a powdered donut.

As for resolutions...you could resolve to babysit your nieces and nephew more. ;)