Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just Smurf It

Look at that foam!
Look at all the Blue People.
I'll admit it I wiped a bit off my face on the walk home.
Just to give you an idea---My underwear that was once white was solid blue after the event. And I did this in green because orginally smurfs were supposed to be green, but when it showed on t.v. they appeared blue or something like that.
So apparently I don’t update often. I’m so sorry—can you tell that midterms are here. And sadly, my load really will just keep getting heavier until Thanksgiving. And after Thanksgiving is Finals so my life might be overly scholastic until then. Yahoo…not really. See I’m trying this new thing of being optimistic. I’ll let you know how it works.

I really don’t have updates. Yesterday, I went to one of BYU’s homecoming festivities called “True Blue Football.” It’s basically this big field cover in blue dyed soap/ foam stuff. I went with my friend Aurelia and we had a ball with all Smurfs who apparently live in Provo. We took off our thongs—sandals of course (this is BYU after all) and went down the gigantic slip‘n slide on our belly’s. Bubbles don’t taste good. Our faces were covered. We continued in the big mosh-pits that surrounded the individuals who had the bubble machines. At one point I got pushed to the middle. It was so scary! I am still unsure if I was standing vertically. As you can imagine, everyone was slippery (like mud wrestling), pushing people, and trying to get the center by the bubble guy…which is who I ended up standing by. I’m not really sure how I got there! Plus I’m kind of little and a lot of people in that crowd were big guys. Aurelia and I called it good after I got lost in that crowd. We were cold, wet, and blue. So we walked home singing la la la lalala...la lala la la...la la la lalala...la la la la la!

After taking a 35 minute shower my entire backside including my now royal blue hindquarters, feet, and underarms were still blue. In fact today—3 showers later---I’m still a little stained. To make it even funnier my upper thighs decided they wanted to break out in a mini rash. Yay! Aurelia and I met up again after our showers, separate showers that is. She cleaned up much better than I did. Sometimes I hate being 2nd to albino. We went to the new Kohl’s in Orem which was lame! Not a good selection right now. Shopping while being a poor college student and during economic troubles is really fun. I think I spent a total of $9.50. Then the “Hot and Ready” light at Krispy Kreme Donuts called our names. And well-- Wal-Mart was right there so we stopped by so I could buy some food for my beta, Fred Astaire. His name actually fits him because he is a dancer. This is the most aggressive fish I’ve ever seen. He is constantly moving when my music is on and really likes food. I just fed him and he jumped so high that there was a loud “thud” as he nailed the plastic covering that keeps him inside the tank. Ya, I bet you never really saw the purpose in those coverings did you?! Any ways back to the story—Aurelia and I ended our fabulous night at CafĂ© Rio. And we totally saw a guy in a KC Chiefs jersey. Holla!

Hey guess what! I have a church calling which at first (and still) I was way thrilled about, but now I’m kind of nervous. When I took the calling I didn’t know exactly what all my calling entitled! I’m ward missionary co chair. At first I thought “SWEET! I’ll get to be friends with all the non members, chill with the sister missionaries, and it’ll be a blast.” Haha wow lets add about 50 other things to that list. I will be working with non-members, new converts, and inactives within our ward. I will be visiting, fellowshipping, teaching discussions and after-baptism lessons. AND I and the ward mission leader (the guy) will be taking turns teaching gospel essentials class during Sunday school. WHEW! I just found out today I’m teaching this Sunday! I’m kind of freaking out because I have been told nothing else concerning what I’m supposed to do. I don’t have a lesson manual. But tomorrow night because I’m lame and single I will be going around with Brandon the ward the mission leader to meet all the non members who are all Nepalese with really hard names. I’m bad enough at American names. The Lord is a funny guy. Any who, I’m so nervous, but excited for this calling. It’s actually kind of an answer to a prayer…way long story but pretty cool!

That’s all for now. I’m sure as soon as I log off I’ll think of another event that I totally spaced on telling you about. Have fun this week and send me midterm care packages because you all rock my world.
The Co-ed

2 comments:

Taz said...

That's awsome! A new calling. The Lord is a funny guy, he knows exactly what we need to work on and calls us into that position. Hey guess what! I GOT A DATE! Check my blog for more!

Jessica G. said...

You make a pretty cute smurf! Way to give Smurfette some competition.

And Boo misses Fred. But don't you ever give him to her again. :P