Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For the Longest Time

Okay so for the past 3 weeks I have thought that Monday was Friday. –Ya talk about killer. Of course when I have this train of thought that means every day after Monday feels like Friday until it is Friday. So technically in my “Heather world” I have had 15 Friday’s where you have only had 3. I have discovered that Friday’s that are not really Friday’s are no fun at all.

I can’t even describe to you how “on top of it” I am. I’m ahead in a lot of my classes concerning papers. It is such a good feeling to have a lightened load. This light load is probably good because I’ve been having extra studying to do—but in “Preach my Gospel.” As ward missionaries we have a goal of starting to teach the discussions next week so I’ve had to brush up on those lessons. I’m so nervous because I really don’t know what all I’m supposed to do during the lessons. I keep asking for help, but the guys are all like “just pray about it.” It bugs me because I haven’t been on a mission like them so this is totally a foreign thing to me and out of my comfort zone. They at least got the MTC. I’m not even sure how to fill out some of the papers they need me to fill out after I teach the lesson. Whenever I ask for help they brush over my questions!!! Ahhh!! So pretty much I’m just going to do my best and do what I think I’m supposed to do and hope it all works out.

Can I just tell you all how excited I am for Christmas break?! A break with no school sounds so wonderful. This semester has been good—don’t get me wrong, but I am just so excited for total relaxation. Plus I am excited to see Kansas people. I don’t think I got my appropriate Kansas fill this summer as I have little patience for some—a lot—of people. While I’ve been here this new year I’ve really met some arrogant people—and no they're not all from Utah. California has been a big trend this year. I’m not saying Kansans are perfect but they’re pretty awesome! *gasp* How dare you think I’m a little bit biased! Aww who am I kidding, most of my readers are from Kansas or have Kansas relations.

Sorry this has been a bore to read! I’m just hungry, tired, and believe it or not kind of bored. Plus I’m sure you were sitting and reading just thinking “when will this end?” just like I was thinking with my 15 Friday’s that weren’t really Fridays!

Peace

The Co-ed

3 comments:

HTF said...

That's right, girl! Kansans are AWESOME!!
Scott Pope

Jessica G. said...

I, for one, am *Not* so happy about you leaving for Christmas break. It won't be as fun until you get back.

(and I agree "just pray about it" is a frustrating answer...but you seem to be doing a great job so far!)

Anonymous said...

Kansas is the mob boss of states. Yeah.