Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Holidays Are Here

*Sigh* I love fall, but sadly I think the transition for winter is quickly approaching! The mountains right outside my window (or the BIGGEST rock garden ever…as I like to call it) have SNOW on them. BRRR!! I’ve been a hermit all day today because I don’t have classes on Tuesday's, but tomorrow I will have brave the weather. Oh how could I forget—I hope you all had a great Halloween! I did. It was so fun and I think for once in my life I finally had a costume that fit me PERFECTLY! Can you believe Thanksgiving will be here in no time and then -BAM- it will be Christmas! Then yours truly will be home.


Mike( The Fiance), Brittany ( The Roommate), and Me at the football game right before Halloween....just incase you forgot what I look like!
With Christmas quickly chugging its way towards us, I am finding that my final papers (which are no fun because they are long) and presentations are getting closer and closer. But oh my goodness I don’t even care. I am so excited to write them!! I know I’ve gone crazy. I’m in SFL 472 (Temporal Welfare of the family). This class has been so easy, but yet I have learned so much. It’s been very enjoyable to be in. Every week we have to write papers about certain topics and to get all of our points we’d have to include that “special” paragraph that has personal experiences relating to the topics. We wrote about a variety of things like Education, Perspective, Emergency Preparedness, Home Production, Social and Emotion Strength and a lot more. So, yes this class has been very beneficial.

Well my Final in this class is an 8 page paper and a 15 minute presentation over ANYTHING that has to do with temporal welfare of the Family…..pretty broad, eh? So of course I signed up to give my presentation the last day because that’s just how I am. Complete opposite when compared to my high school years! Most of the people that have gone have presented about “food storage, how to be a homemaker and “how plastic and Bath and Body Works lotions give you cancer.” Ya….so not me. The homemaker girl even dressed up as Lucille Ball because she presented on Halloween we learned a really cool way to fold laundry and were given cleaning charts. Ugh. Bet you all can’t wait to hear what I’m presenting about. I am going where most students have not gone before…especially at BYU. I’m talking about Infertility and the Emotional aspects of it with an emphasis on LDS women. I’m so excited. So far I’ve researched a lot of informational stuff and had a lot of “personal feedback” from women I’ve asked for help from.

Did I tell you all that I changed my major? I’m now an SFL (school of family life) major with an emphasis in Marriage and Family. I might switch my emphasis to human development though, but that isn’t in stone yet. My long term goal is now to attend Grad school for Family Therapy!! YIKES I know. I feel so ….old.

My church calling is going good so far. I start teaching the new convert discussions this week! And this past Sunday I went with an investigator to his first discussion. It was awesome and the 2nd discussion is scheduled for Sunday. He is from Nepal and when he first heard about the church he was attending another Christian University in Tennessee. Apparently, he was watching the South Park episode where everyone, but the Mormons are sent to Hell. Once in Hell they ask the devil why they are there and he says it’s because the Mormons were the ones who were right. After watching that he google'd the church, had a Book of Mormon sent to him, and the missionaries delivered it to him. One of the Tennessee missionaries attended Brigham Young University-Idaho and told the investigator to look in to Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah because they had the major he desired to go into. He applied that week and was accepted with a scholarship offer. The South Park part still cracks me up!

That’s all for now! Happy Election Day and hope all of you voted that could. Now remember how I said that this year’s Halloween Costume fit me perfectly…..
Totally Kidding!! I’m not even dating anyone. Ahh the Scarborough Parade in Kindergarten. Now this is more like it…..

I'm Broccoli! Ahh Frozen Vegetables. *Tear*


Come on-take a lil' nibble....


This babe of a Viking Woman I ran into...some of you might now her as Samantha.
God Bless
--The Co-ed--

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

A family therapist, eh? Good! Then my kids will have someone to talk to when I refuse to let them watch tv for six hours straight. ;)

Taz said...

WOW!!!! You do sound so grown up but if it's what you love to do that's GREAT!! I loved your costume. It sounds like your experiencing so much fun out at BYU. Oh man I wish I was out there to see your presentation. Maybe that's why you became a leader in your church, it will help your presentation, lol!! YOu sound like your doing amazing. I'll definately come to you with my family, I mean I already do there will be just more mini me's. Hehehehehehe But can you even see me married, or dating? I mean I can't wait to have you home and hear yours. I don't have much at all. I miss you and love you. Your in my prayer.
-Your little sis