When did I get so old?
I'm graduating sometime next year...probably in August. That means I'm going to have to get an apartment and a grown up job to support my husband.
SAY WHAT?
That's right peeps I said husband because by the year 2011 I will be married to my most favorite person in the whole wide world. Don't worry; I won't make this gushy unless of course I only have a female following that like zombies thrive off the gushy stuff. Oh. Wait. I think you are all female….or zombies.
Sooooo here we go:
This future husbandman lived in my apartment complex and we were in the same LDS singles ward. We didn't talk for the first half of the year. In January I went on a double date with him. Ha, my roommate went with him. She asked him. In February I started getting those "oh I might like this guy" feelings. So of course I followed them! I became really good friends with his apartment hoping that he would come out and play games with me and his roommates whenever I went over. I would say that that plan had a 50% success rate. On my birthday in March he even made ice cream with me! I thought they were great signs but yet he didn’t really budge on the asking me out on a date thing.
Spending time at his apartment became a daily occurrence for me for 2 months. Oh, yes, I’m persistent. The school year ended and still no date. You may all join me in temporary sniffling. But no worries because I went home briefly before starting my internship in Utah during the summer and he occasionally texted me. I started to think "maybe I'm not completely out of this game....or crazy." When I got back for my internship we went on a date and really it's history from there.
We are getting married December 21 and it's going to be awesome. I would make a huge list with all the reasons I love him, but I'd have to keep editing this post because each day I learn something new just reconfirming why I love him. *insert “AWW”* I feel so lucky and incredibly blessed. So the condensed like Campbell’s soup list is that he’s a good man, we help each other, he deals with my craziness, and we enjoy spending time together.
Being engaged rocks! You don’t ever have to think of dates because every Friday night is filled with wedding planning, apartment hunting, grad school looking, anxiety attacks concerning future finances, and paper cuts from invitation stuffing, labeling, and licking. Recently someone gave me the following engagement advice: dating is fun, being engaged is not as fun as dating, but being married is so much better than dating. But seriously, I love being engaged to him and can’t wait to be married to him.
Happy Engaggment (as the future husbandman says)
The Coed


1 comment:
Being married is so much fun but it is hard. It's amazing...oh I better get a invintation.
Post a Comment