Family and Friends,
The Birthday Month is going pretty well. Scholastic death week is finished….I spent about 20 hours on that child development paper. Gross. But I already have a couple of my 20 goals checked off! I love check lists.
Have I told you about my awesome friend Tom? Ok well Tom pretty much rocks because he’s funny, scandalous, and blunt so as long as you don’t get easily offended you might like Tom too. Tom is from that Midwest state shaped like a hand which is not as cool as Kansas and he’s turning in his mission papers hopefully this Sunday. I’m so proud of him. He joined the church about 3 years ago and is such an example to me. He’s worked so hard to prepare for his mission and get everything in order. Plus, he has a ton of really funny stories. Lucky him, last week his funny story reserve got bigger….and I was dragged into it.
Every school but BYU has spring break. In fact BYU does the exact opposite for spring break. Other student’s get a break from work or more free time to complete extra assignments while BYU piles on more work and gives students shorter amounts of time to accomplish their work. I really think school is one big social experiment to see who cracks under the pressure! Back to my point—because BYU students have friends who go to other colleges, BYU has quite a large amount of tourists during break. In celebration of everyone’s friends visiting Tom wanted us to go to The Olive Garden late at night….thinking he’d work the system.
Well the system worked me. All we wanted were breadsticks and frozen lemonades! And our waitress delivered. There were 10 of us and we each got our drinks and she gave us about 5 baskets (we even told her to take some back because we wouldn’t eat all of them) with 6 breadsticks in each. Okay do the math that is about 30 breadsticks. I wasn’t feeling well after the lemonade and the breadsticks were gross so I ate a total of one. The entire time I nagged Tom saying “what are we being charged because I ONLY ATE ONE!” Of course I would hold my index finger up to get the point of “ONE” across. The moment of truth and rage came…..the bills were delivered. She charged us each for 1 basket of 12 breadsticks. What? Tom wanted to speak to a manager considering we ate nowhere near 120 breadsticks and wanted to see if we could pay for 4 or 5 baskets. The waitress freaked on us saying “no, I have to charge you that for breadsticks or I’ll get fired.” She then walked away…Ya she was helpful.
Apparently some of my mom rubbed onto me because I was annoyed that I had to pay $10.38 for a drink and 1 breadstick. When she came back I informed her to bring more breadsticks because I only ate 1 and I was going to be taking the rest home that I played for. Her response was that the kitchen was closed. I was really, really annoyed with her at this point. So very stingily, I told her to bring me any of the bread they had left and more take home bags because the 1 bag she gave me wouldn’t fit 11 breadsticks that she was charging me for. I then took a ton of Andes mints and might have accidently taken the pen I signed my bill with. Ugh---because of our big group she even got that automatic tip from us. LAME….she barely came to our table, she spilled a drink and didn’t clean it up, and refused to get her manager. Nope, I think my stinginess is justified.
It doesn’t really help that Tom could not stop laughing from my reaction. So yep, $10.38 is bad luck.
That’s all for now—I need to get back to my birthday month list. I love you all.
--The Co-ed
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I saw a reference to this on your Facebook and wondered what had happened...oh, and I can totally help you out with #20 on your list. :)
Did you get the waitresses name? You should write a letter of complaint to Olive Garden corporate - she should have permitted you to speak with the manager.
Post a Comment