Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's Raining Men

So my sister-in-law feels that this blog should be mainly a blog of my roller coaster love life here at school. I laughed that suggestion off, but soon found that I do have good stories. Here’s one…

Get out the umbrellas and plastic duck raincoats or just run and get soaked because it is pouring men in my co-ed life. Believe me I am not complaining! There are approximately 5 on my radar screen right now. But reader, it is a sad day for you because I won’t be giving you their life bio’s at this time and I won’t be posting votes as to which man you feel I should pursue (you can totally still do that on your own though). I’ll leave that for ABC’s soap operas. I suppose I will tell you all about my blind date last night which wasn’t really a blind date, but it still was not a 20/20 vision date either.

It was a double—no biggie right? Let me rephrase that….it was a double with my engaged roommate and her fiancĂ©. My date was the fiancĂ©s roommate. This is how it rolled out. I got home Friday night and the love birds asked me what my plans were for Saturday. I did have sketchy plans, but they were etch-a-sketched away within the next few minutes. Apparently, Mike’s roommate asked if he would set us up so Mike did. We went to the international cinema for all you BYU Alumni who know what that is…please hold your giggles. It was such a fun date. Like many international cinema movies this was such a ridiculous, abs wrenching, pointless movie. The Black Orpheus is the Greek story of Orpheus set in Brazil during Carnival which means the movie was in Portuguese. Thank heavens for subtitles. I think this was made as a dancing instruction video. There would be random 15 minute scenes of just crazy dancing! This was not normal dancing they appeared as though they were having a seizure while standing up. They had some serious shaking skills. Afterwards, we all just came back to the apt and finished our Peanut Butter M&M’s and chatted. I would say it was a success.

So if you’ve been reading carefully you should have noticed that I had “sketchy plans” for Saturday night originally. See Friday during lunch I was talking to guy #1 on my radar screen when we were confronted by the humor team. They had a show Saturday night and asked if either of us wanted to win tickets. I LOVE FREE STUFF! Guy #1 had to work, but he quickly volunteered me to win a free ticket. Before I knew it, the humor team was announcing in the lunch room “Attention ladies and gentlemen this young lady here wants to win tickets for our show tomorrow night and in order to do so she will be singing her favorite Disney song for us!”—FREEZE—can you imagine the horror on my face? I looked at guy # 1 and his emotions were mixed between feeling bad and extreme laughter. He did make it up to me by giving me a cracker and water... what am I-a parrot? Don’t worry; I won’t ever let him live this down. Any ways I valiantly earned that yellow ticket. It did give us a pretty entertaining conversation afterwards though so I guess it’s okay.

And my words of wisdom today are much more serious than the previous plumbing suggestions. For those who have had fried zucchini, you know it is very tasty. Well fried cucumber doesn’t work quite as well….my kitchen trashcan will second that.

….don’t forget rainstorms are in the forecast this week so pack that umbrella.

~The Co-ed

3 comments:

Jen said...

What did you sing?

The Ransoms said...

I sang the Little Mermaid's "Part of Your World." --I froze and couldn't think of another song.

Jessica G. said...

I had NO idea it was Guy #1 that put you up to that! That makes it all the more entertaining. :)