Family and friends--Queen says it all! I hadn’t even been here one day when I lost yet another friend to whatever the heck is in Provo’s water—I think a little Love Potion # 9 might be mixed in with Utah’s H2O. Yes, it happened Monday afternoon. My roommate and dear friend Brittany got engaged. December 27, 2008 she will be tying the knot with Mike Morgan. As you can imagine it is already absolutely crazy in my little apartment. There are wedding plans, check lists (Oh how I love checklists!), fabric scraps, and a tall Mike Morgan that always seem to be filling the living room. If I started charging Mike for all the time he spends here I would be filthy rich. I don’t think the future Morgan’s are ready to try out that saying of “distance makes the heart grow fonder.” All kidding aside, it has been absolutely fabulous since I’ve been back. Oh and Kourtnee, my other roommate, is a hoot!
Classes are going well after 2 days. Campus is still beautiful and I’m not referring to the landscape. This semester will be awfully busy and packed with paper. I intend to take out maybe 2 huge trees these next few months. My craziest homework assignment so far has been in my Anthropology/ Archaeology class. I had to dig through one of my household trashcans, list all of the garbage inside, and then write about it. Secretly, it was really fun after I got my gagging reflexes under control. I’m in two different SFL (Strengthening Family Life) classes. They are interesting and have made me realize why the prophet’s always talk about securing the home and family. My music Civilization 201 class is also fabulous. The professor is from Australia and is such a laid back guy…..plus he has a cool voice and a saucy sense of humor. I can tell that even though this semester will be hard and stressful, I will enjoy it.
Today marks my one week of being in Provo and I have already managed to mess up my ankle. I am now called “Gimpy” around my apartment due to all the limping that I have been doing. Walking around campus will be quite interesting!
I have to leave you with at least one funny thing before I go, but of course I didn’t have any funny things happen to me this week. I did meet this guy during lunch one day and we started talking (that’s not the funny part). He asked where I was from and when I responded that I was from Kansas he just looked at me and said “is that in the states?—where is that?” I think he felt a bit silly after I informed him it was in the middle of the United States because the conversation ended shortly after that comment.
And now some words of wisdom from a friend of mine: Learn how to turn the water off to the toilet in the rare occasion it overflows and it takes maintenance 15 minutes to arrive.
--"Gimpy"
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
In my defense....toilets here are absolutely no bueno.
I think working with plumbing comes with your DNA...
I can't even begin to tell you of my excitement when it comes to the fact that you are now part of the blogging world!! It will be like looking forward to my favorite humor column! Good times to come!
Post a Comment